Re: Self-Introduction

On Monday 09 July 2012 17:48:45 Ian Malone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Ian (Brian) Malone, I've been a Fedora user since about RedHat 8.0
> (so I suppose strictly not Fedora), I'm a research associate at a UK
> university where I work on medical image analysis and processing
> pipelines, mainly in Linux environments and a number of programming
> languages. In the past I've made some contributions to Xiph projects
> (ogg and liboggz related) and still chip in over there from time to
> time. I've been learning guitar for a while and maintain an
> infrequently updated blog covering the overlap between that and Linux.
> As a result I have a bit of interest in the Fedora Jam spin and the
> Musician's Guide, so am hoping to be able to contribute to the
> Musician's Guide by making a few updates and fixes.
>
> pub   2048R/6F1EDE09 2012-07-09 [expires: 2014-07-09]
>       Key fingerprint = 2FC5 3646 170A 3A17 9BF7  8043 46FF C2E0 6F1E DE09
> uid                  Ian Malone (fedora-key) <ibmalone@xxxxxxxxx>
> sub   2048R/5414665A 2012-07-09 [expires: 2014-07-09]

Hi Ian:

Glad to see you over here at Docs!

Have you found a path to your first contribution yet? There are many things to
do, but getting started can be overwhelming. If you'd like some help in finding a
task or bringing it to completion--or if you're ready to make your first commit
to the Guide's git repository--just let us know, and we'll point the way!

I've actually started to be on IRC more frequently, but the #fedora-docs channel
is generally very friendly and helpful. There's always the docs@ mailing list
too, if you're not a fan of IRC.

Christopher.