Technical publishing vocab for schema.org

Schema.org [1] is a collaborative effort between the major search engines to define standard schemas for making material discoverable on the web.

Publican 3 + Docbook 5 give us the ability to embed schema.org metadata in our publications.

Schema.org are working on a schema for technical documentation and asking for input from the community.

I'd be interested in discussion of the proposed schema and how we might use it, and see if any recommendations come out.

New Vocabularies for Technical Publishing

Three new vocabularies have been proposed as the result of a collaborative effort by several Technology companies. They are specifically for use with Technical Articles, API reference documentation, and Code.

These proposed vocabularies will improve search engines’ understanding of documentation with technical content, and thus greatly increase the discoverability of this documentation.

http://blog.schema.org/2012/06/newvocabularies-for-technical.html

[1] http://www.schema.org/

- Josh