Re: Finish Alpha Release Notes for F17.

On 02/22/2012 06:42 AM, John J. McDonough wrote:
On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 09:56 +0100, Romain Forlot wrote:
Hi,

Draft is ready, wrotes by jjcmd, I clean up wiki page and I don't see what
to do now.

What's the next ?
Probably should have someone like Robyn who is maybe more in tune with
the whole release, or maybe some marketing person, look it over.
Oh, yes, here's my B.M.T.F. (Beefy Miracle Tuning Fork) :)

* Re: OpenStack: Essex isn't released yet, and won't be until April. So I think it's hard to say that Essex is in Alpha, though we expect what's in F17 to be updated to the final version of essex before release time. I would honestly just say "OpenStack, CloudStack, Eucalyptus, and OpenNebula". * New Xen API and oVirt aren't done being packaged yet. FESCo has given them both a bit of a pass as they're "shiny marketing" things, and while I expect they'll both be done, I don't know that we want to tell people that they're there to try if they aren't.
* JBOSS should be JBoss
* Multitouch should probably land under end-user features
* Do we even support Jigdo anymore??
* One last comment: The "Release Overview" section says this: "The following sections provide a brief overview of major changes from the last release of Fedora." The "What's New in F17" reads a bit more like Marketing stuff (not that I have any problems with that! :D) - but I do wonder about detailing any of the significant changes that are more under-the-hood. Things like /usr move, firewalld, for example.

BTW,I like your touch-ups.
They go well in hand with the Release Announcement ;) (I'm not quite done with it, but it's got a huge excellent start.)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F17_Alpha_release_announcement

Thoughts welcomed on any comments above....

-r

--McD

Thanks.