Re: new member introduction

Hi Jonquil:

Welcome to the Docs Project! There are lots of things to do, especially for an
experienced writer/editor.

It seems like the usual "place to start" is either by proofreading existing
documents or by helping to write the Release Notes. I'm pretty sure the
Release Notes for Fedora 16 are already (mostly?) finished, so that leaves you
with proofreading. Until the Fedora 17 cycle.

The place to go for this is the Draft Documentation part of the website, which
is what will turn into the Fedora 16 versions of the Guides. It looks to me
like the User Guide is available, and that's probably a place where you can
make a big impact (see below for link).

Draft Fedora 16 User Guide:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-
US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/16.0/html/User_Guide/index.html

The Deployment Guide is my personal favourite from a useful-content-to-me
perspective, but it's updated almost daily by the author, so I don't know if
it's at a stage where you want to be proof-reading yet.

If you're looking for something in desperate need of proof-reading but with a
smaller target audience, you might start with the Musicians' Guide. Most of it
is literally a first draft. I could do a much better job if I had the time, but
I'm a graduate student, so I just don't.

Of course you can choose to do anything you want, like start your own Guide,
or do "wiki-farming" (aka updating the Fedora Project wiki... also sorely
needed!)

Oh... last thing is where to submit contributions. At first, I'd rewrite a
chapter/section/sentence/whatever, then submit it as a bug, to the Bugzilla
component corresponding to the document. Eventually you can move into
modifying the documents directly, but it's a lot to learn all at once.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com

Any questions, just ask, or join us on IRC (freenode) #fedora-docs

Christopher.