Self Introduction

Hi all,
My name is Michael.  I come from New Zealand but am currently living in China.

  • What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past?
I have one years experience as a technical writer, have worked as an English teacher here in China, and have also been involved with writing knowledge base articles in another job I had.
  • What level and type of computer skills do you have?
I have over 10 years experience in the IT industry, mostly in technical / customer / product support, but also one's years experience in technical writing as mentioned above.  I would consider myself a jack of all trades, master of none.  I know a little bit about a wide variety of technologies, but don't know any one thing deeply.
  • What other skills do you have that might be applicable? User interface design, other so-called soft skills (people skills), programming, etc.
N/A
  • What makes you an excellent match for the project?
Even though I have used Linux for a few years, I would still consider myself at the beginner end of the skill range.  This, along with the fact that I live in a foreign country with a different language, gives me good insight in how to explain things in an easier way, more suitable for beginners.
I am not currently working (am a student), so I have a lot of free time currently.  I will be starting a new job in the coming weeks (hopefully, dependent on a background check), but as a potential winner of the 'World's most boring man' competition, I will still have time to contribute to this project.
I am also very patient, and understand that it will take time to learn how things work in the team, and how best I can contribute to the team, and to the Linux community as a whole.
  • GPG KEYID and fingerprint
pub   2048R/273DF91D 2011-03-10
      Key fingerprint = 03F0 4F44 4860 776A EB6D  9041 720E 73FA 273D F91D
uid                  Michael Elliott (Baby Bear) <xiong.baobao@xxxxxxxxx>
sub   2048R/DBF38458 2011-03-10

Thanks,

Michael