Re: Guide Versioning

On 06/24/2010 10:07 PM, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:
<snip>
> Things change and we need to be flexible with that but if we aren't
> giving our readers a chance to properly review our new guides then we
> aren't getting the feedback we need.  If we aren't going to fix bugs
> then...  well, I'm going to fix my bugs.

My feeling is it would be beneficial to have the unstable development
docs publicly viewable.  Even if that means just the en-US versions, and
not the translated versions.  Something along the lines of:

   http://docs-devel.fedoraproject.org
   (that's not a real site)

Having some kind of script triggered when a git commit is performed on a
doc, that then uses publican to build the updated version, and publish
it if successful.

For now, I'm just manually generate the VG doc myself and publishing it
to my personal fedorapeople.org space.  Not optimal, but it works.

There is a "Fedora Draft Documentation" heading on docs.fp.o, and I kind
of wonder if that's maybe an alternative place we could put development
docs stuff.  It might get kind of crowded though, when we consider how
many different branches of docs there would be. ;)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
Salasaga  -  Open Source eLearning IDE