Re: Moderators queue

On Thu 20 May 2010 12:45:23 pm David Nalley wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > The Infrastructure team reports that we have 220 held messages in the
> > Docs queue as of today.  If no one is moderating that queue regularly,
> > then in fairness it should be set to reject posts from non-members so
> > we are not setting wrong expectations.  Also, the longer that queue
> > gets the more it can potentially slow down mailman (directory length).
> >
> > I already regularly check and prune three other queues regularly.  I
> > believe this issue has come up before and since we're up against the
> > same issue, I'd recommend setting the list to reject by default,
> > optionally with a customized, more polite message attached.
>
> +1 for default reject.
>
> I noted Ben's concern, but since no one is manning the queue to begin,
> with they are currently unable to communicate with us via the mailing
> list sans a subscription.

I don't do much in docs-land (nothing outside of marketing+docs-lands),
but I can clean out a mailing list queue once a week, or more often if
necessary. I've seen lots of other sub-projects send little tidbits here
and there and it would be unfortunate for this to be inhibited by
requiring someone sign up for Yet Another Mailing List. I could probably
also pick up any others if you need me to, Paul.

Ryan

--
Ryan Rix