Build Fedora12 in Fedora Way

Hi,

Not sure who to report this correction to, so took a took best guess and posted this to docs team.

This following URL

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel

gave a wonderful update to building Fedora12. Everything is great except a minor thing. It is as follows ...

In the step
once the 'diff' is done to generate the patch, the tree under the directory

~/rpmbuild/BUILD/kernel-2.6.$ver/linux-2.6.$ver.$arch/

could *have* files ending in "*.orig" should any update be done via "patch". Basically I applied patches to the tree instead of hand editing the files. This left some files with "*.orig".

If this tree is left like this, once the steps, particularly
is done and if one attempts
it *could* fail, if the any patches that get applied from the original source itself had to generate "*.orig" file or have clashes. So workaround I had to use is,

after
is done, I did

cd ~/rpmbuild/BUILD                which would be so, by end of 1.3 anyway, so not really necessary but)
find . -name "*.orig" -exec rm -f {} \

--
Murthy V Mamidi