Re: Release Notes All Changes

On 03/17/2010 12:25 PM, Eli wrote:
> Just wanted to throw in my comments about this. I totally agree with
> John on this.

Yep; I also think this is the sane way to go. A couple of minor points:

"So for Fedora 13 I would like to propose a new document, 'Release Notes
Changes'."

Perhaps the doc should be called the "Technical Notes", in line with its
Red Hat Enterprise Linux counterpart? --
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.4/html/Technical_Notes/

"these tables are not translated but are repeated for every language"

If we wanted to, it would be extremely simple to create localized
versions of the doc (whatever it's called), since the only actual
content in there is stuff like table headings, section titles and the
like -- stuff that doesn't change from one release to the next.
Basically, once these headings are translated for *one* version of
Fedora, they're translated for *every* version in the future.

I imagine that people for whom English is not their first language would
still appreciate this, even just as a courtesy.

Those two questions aside, I say -- "do it!"

Cheers

Rudi