Re: Mission statement questions

On 02/04/2010 11:52 AM, Karsten Wade wrote:
>    Revised final proposal
>
>    The mission of the Fedora Documentation Project is to provide
>    documentation to users and contributors to improve the overall usage
>    and experience of Fedora. We do that by overseeing
>    community-maintained content, explaining the usage of certain pieces
>    of software or systems, and documenting technology recommendations
>    and for special events (releases, etc). In pursuit of this work, the
>    Docs Project creates and works with 100% free/libre and open source
>    software, content, tools, and processes to create a reusable
>    documentation system that is buildable from source by anyone and
>    free forever.
>
> Any final thoughts here on list?

One of my colleagues here in ECS, Brian Forté suggested that this could
be streamlined a little. With his permission, this is his pared-down
version:

Fedora is the leading community-oriented, GPL-centric Linux-based
distribution consisting of a complete operating system and related
utility, recreational and productivity software. The Fedora
Documentation Project co-ordinates and, in large part, writes the Fedora
documentation.

This "cuts to the chase"; do we lose anything important?

Cheers

Rudi