Re: 2nd Draft Ready for Review: Ch. 1: Yum

Hi,

I've replied inline.

On 10/07/2009 06:10 PM, A. Mani wrote:
Douglas Silas<dhensley@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Note: Yum and its "ecosphere" (yum-utils, plugins, etc.) provide
many more capabilities than can be described in the Deployment
Guide. That said, I am very interested in Yum use cases and
procedures that system administrators find indispensable. One
example would be: documenting orphan and unneeded package removal
with the package-cleanup command. Or merging config files with
yum-plugin-merge-conf. Initial text for supplementary sections would
be much appreciated.

#yum list all
#yum list available

are rarely used in this form.
This should be improved.

I occasionally use them in this form. Do you have any suggestions? I have some changes to make to this section today and will be releasing the next draft, though these two commands will still be included.

Kpackagekit is not mentioned at all.

KPackageKit is mentioned in the PackageKit chapter, the first paragraph of which says:

For more information on PackageKit's architecture and available front ends, refer to Section 2.3, “PackageKit Architecture”.

http://dsilas.fedorapeople.org/Deployment_Guide/en-US/html-single/#ch-graphical_package_management

Best

A. Mani

Thanks,