Re: Won't be working on Fedora 12 Beta release notes

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On 09/22/2009 07:22 AM, Christopher Curran wrote:

People still use email lists for announcements?

How about a blog like the rest of the twenty first century.

The number of announce lists in Fedora has only increased steadily.
Welcome to the real 21st century.

Rahul

Rahul, you can't seriously believe anyone in the wider community (outside of government and universities) still uses email lists as a way of making announcements. Most are using blogs, with press release style articles (or actual press releases which are sent to the real media). Just because it is going up in the fedora world does not mean it is not sinking into obscurity in the rest of the world. What that means is we are further isolating ourselves from the wider community and becoming LESS accessible as technologies and mindsets change.

Most open source coding projects I am involved in do not even have mailing lists anymore. Blogs and RSS are the norm, even twitter in some cases.

Chris