Re: CC license logos/buttons

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Christensen" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "For participants of the Documentation Project" <fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx>; <pchestek@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: CC license logos/buttons

"Creative Commons License Buttons: The Creative Commons buttons that
describe a key term of our license, such as BY, NC, ND, SA, Sampling,
Sampling Plus and Noncommercial Sampling Plus may only be used in the
context of pointing to a Creative Commons license on the Creative
Commons server that includes that license term or to otherwise
describe the Creative Commons license, that includes that license term
and that applies to a particular work."

So, that particular artwork may only be used to drive traffic to their site. Sounds awfully Microsoft-y to me.

--McD