Re: CMS (Zikula) kick-off

Karsten Wade said the following on 06/25/2009 03:42 PM Pacific Time:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 06:13:22PM -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
Hi,

I've volunteered to help kick off and facilitate the Fedora cross-team CMS (Zicula) planning and implementation meetings. I think things will work best if each team puts forth a representative.

It is not clear in your email to the various teams what the CMS scope
is.

I understood the scope to have been previously defined.

I'm coming to this at the request of a few people who asked me to help with the "project management" part of "completing the whole thing" and making sure all the different interested and affected groups have a voice and a venue to participate. So I'm admittedly arriving late with the understood goal of helping to facilitate the process of GTD (getting things done).

Eric C. and David N., do I have a correct understanding of what you want my help with?

AIUI, the scope still is this:

1. Zikula is rolling out to cover docs.fp.o;
2. We need Websites, Design, Infra teams help with that;
3. All teams should be aware that we are seriously considering Zikula
   for covering other Fedora CMS needs, such as fedoraproject.org/*.

Otherwise it sounds as if we are rolling Zikula under other parts of
fp.org.

If that is actually the case, we should make that clear instead.

I was under the impression this was already understood on the different teams since representatives from each team would come to the meetings. How can I be clearer about the purpose?

We will hold our meetings on IRC or over Fedora Talk a

IRC++

IRC seems to be the overwhelming winner.

John