Re: Fedora 10 Release Notes Update

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul W. Frields" <stickster@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 5:39 PM
Subject: Re: Fedora 10 Release Notes Update

This happens before any other publishing -- leaving enough time for
translators to work on the content.  We're pretty far into the F11
development cycle so you'll want to talk to the translators on
fedora-trans-list to see how much time they feel they need.  If you
can give an idea of how extensive the changes are (how many string
changes in the POT?), that should help.

I only pushed changes to the XML. I hadn't made the pot. When I did a make pot, ad looked at the created file, I see a lot of empty msgstr. Presumably in something translated there would be some text in there, but given that the pot is created new from make how can that be?

Should the newly-made pot also be pushed? Comments in the docs guide indicate that some translators watch this, but I worry about the empty msgstr's.

When I grep the pot for the changed XMLs, there seem to be perhaps 35 strings associated with those files. I estimate perhaps 3/4 of those are new/changed, so does that imply perhaps a couple dozen strings to be translated?

Of course, those are my changes. There were a number of commits prior to mine, not sure how to estimate what those might imply (although many commit messages imply that they might not have included new/changed prose).

--McD