Re: CMS Template

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Christensen" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Fedora Docs List" <fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 10:26 PM
Subject: CMS Template

I created a template[1] that we can use to "grade" each CMS option.

Confession -- I'm a Six Sigma geek.

I wonder if we shouldn't build a Pugh matrix. I have to admit, I haven't been really engaged in the whole CMS thing. I figure if we can get a team that is emotional about one or another I'll live with whatever they are willing to support.

But it appears that no such group is emerging, and we will need to actually evaluate the alternatives and make a selection. In my experience, nothing helps focus the issues like a Pugh matrix. The downside is that without the whole "critically examine the data" culture of SS, it is tempting to just go by the numbers, which sometimes can be a mistake.

--McD