[Fwd: Re: wiki2docbook]

FYI.  I'm organizing the tasks and testing for how we convert wiki to
DocBook XML.  If you want to help with it, this is what I know so far
from Mike's and Ian's reply.

Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41
--- Begin Message ---
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> Caballeros:
>
> What are we using for conversion to DocBook from MediaWiki?  We tracking
> the idea on a page somewhere?

So we had that perl based lib for a bit but it was a bit messy.  Paul
turned me on to python-mwlib and I see now that there's some more momentum
for that.  Even making some bits of it on to the main mediawiki.org site:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:XML_Bridge

So give this a look and tell me what you think.  I took Paul's initial
spec file, updated to the latest upstream and added a working config file
for Fedora.  Download and install this:

http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/python-mwlib/

Then test with:

mw-render -c /etc/mwlib/fedoraproject.org.conf -o Infrastructure.xml \
	-w docbook http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure

Tell me how far off that is from doing what you want.

	-Mike

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 08:38:27PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> So give this a look and tell me what you think.  I took Paul's initial
> spec file, updated to the latest upstream and added a working config file
I've also packaged this for Fedora. Not sure if it's in EPEL or not
yet... I should check.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller@xxxxxxxxx>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36