Re: [DRAFT-2] F9 Beta release announcement

Paul W. Frields wrote:

[I missed providing feedback on this earlier but some thoughts now]

 * KDE 4.0.2, which includes a brand new desktop and panel with many new
concepts, integrated desktop search, a brand new visual style called
Oxygen, a new multimedia API called Phonon, and a new hardware
integration framework called Solid -- all integrated by Fedora's KDE SIG

We should probably have expanded and said KDE Special Interest Group or just Fedora KDE team and avoided the jargon.

 * Jigdo, an alternative system that reduces download size in some
situations, or for people who can't use BitTorrent

If we are using this release to estimate interest in jidgo, one important consideration is that we haven't published good official documentation on how to use this. The tools involved are not very user friendly to understand the process without documentation either.

Rahul