Re: DUG Updates

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
Dan O'Brien wrote:
<snip>

Marc,

It seems that you've gotten quite a bit done on the DUG. One thing I can't help but notice is a lot seems to be Gnome specific (the Customizing page for example). I'm a gnome user myself and try to steer away from KDE myself but I'd be happy to fill in the necessary bits tonight/tomorrow, but what about xfce? It's probably too late now, but maybe in the next version of the DUG we should have a section that covers all the generic things (things that are the same across each of the desktop environments) and branch off into 3 sections for everything else, ie (and this is just an example):

generic content here
Gnome
 * customizing
 * working with media
 * etc
KDE
 * customizing
 * working with media
 * etc
Xfce

and so on down the line. This may make for an easier read as a user could jump to the section covering their desktop of choice.

I'll get started on filling the missing bits, are their any requests? I haven't seen any responses to the requests post Marc made a couple weeks ago.

I don't have a working xfce install anymore since my other computer that uses it died. I don't know what is in KDE either since I haven't used kde in ages. I'll install xfce and go from there if you want to do the kde work?

Cheers,

Marc

All,
I've Updated the Customizing page with KDE specific things. Also I adjusted the Managing Software with Pirut pages as well, to show how to start Pirut in gnome and kde.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/Customizing
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/Pirut

More updates soon
Regards,