Re: pgp-MIT status

Karl Larsen wrote:
John Babich wrote:
On Dec 24, 2007 11:37 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Well, http://pgp.mit.edu/ is now working at 2027Z on Dec 24 2007. I
wanted to "extract data" so read the help and it said if your using a
Hex ID you must precide the number with zero and then x (0x)

    When I did this for Adam Cooper's key ID it worked after a long
delay reading the database I suspect. Then I put in my new key ID and in
a long delay it was FOUND! So my data is in that server. For fun I
selected a verbose out put including my finger and started the search.
This what it sent me:

Type bits /keyID    Date       User ID
pub  1024D/FE2353A7 2007/12/23 Karl Larsen (This is for Fedora Doc)
<k5di@xxxxxxxxxx>
Key fingerprint = 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7
sig        FE2353A7             Karl Larsen (This is for Fedora Doc)
<k5di@xxxxxxxxxx>

    So I am certain that I am in this server but over the Internet I
can't get this yet. I try for it with seahorse but it just can't do it.

    Expect there is one guy working at MIT today...

Now I can say with scientific accuracy, congratulations!

Best Wishes,

John Babich
Volunteer, Fedora Docs Project

Same to you and hope Christmas is the best for you and yours.

Karl

On Chrismas day the server is again not working properly. I guess it is ols stuff :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User