Re: wiki problems

Vladimir Kosovac wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 13:58 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 13:12 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
Here is my latest wiki problem. I can get up to what appears to be
my page because it has my wiki name in upper left which is
KarlLarsen. Just below that is the words Create New Page.

    I click on that and get this error message:

You are not allowed to edit this page.

    I'm at a stop now because I can't start.
I don't see your name listed in the Fedora Account System, Karl.  Did
you follow the instructions at the page to which I sent you a link
earlier?:
  http://fedoraproject.org/DocsProject/Join
If so, did you register under some other name?

    First, When I try to get to the web page you show I get a "Page
does not exist" error and a lot of other choices.
I'm sorry, that link should have been:
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Join

Please try again.

   Well in another way I got to a page that seems to be a sign-up page
and it does not like the things I put in for my GPG numbers. This is
because I know shit-nothing about them except that if you just put $
gpg in a window it calculates a lot of things. I put my "finger" on my
messages but that may be wrong too.

Karl

Here is what I did. I removed the old gpg things and did a new one. Here
is what it printed when it was done:

gpg: checking the trustdb
gpg: 3 marginal(s) needed, 1 complete(s) needed, PGP trust model
gpg: depth: 0  valid:   1  signed:   0  trust: 0-, 0q, 0n, 0m, 0f, 1u
pub   1024D/FA8EC752 2007-12-17
     Key fingerprint = 28AC 2D41 EF25 0417 7166  DD81 44BD ABFC FA8E C752
uid                  Karl Larsen (For Fedora Doc work) <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx>
sub   1024g/9A70DE59 2007-12-17

Which number do I need to put in the two spaces on the sign-up page? It
is not at all clear to me.

Karl, it's your public key ID:

FA8EC752

Vladimir
Karl

I think another problem is the MIT keyserver. When I try to send my key to them Iget:

[karl@k5di ~]$ gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --send-keys FA8EC752
gpg: sending key FA8EC752 to hkp server pgp.mit.edu
gpg: keyserver timed out
gpg: keyserver send failed: keyserver error
[karl@k5di ~]$

It appears to be a MIT problem.

Karl

--