Re: quote order (was [Fwd: [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide/UserAccounts" by VladimirKosovac])

Vladimir Kosovac wrote:
Mike McGrath wrote:
Karsten Wade wrote:
The correction below brings up a small thing we can be consistent about,
but first we can decide how we prefer it.

So let's vote!  (+1 for your preference)

<snip>
I vote for " ' ' "

   -Mike

Yes, kind of more consistent this way...

My main concern is how some languages escape different strings. For example in perl:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$p = 'some value';

print "This 'is a' string: $p";
print "\n";
print 'This "is a" string: $p';
#EOF

The output is different for each, one escapes $p the other prints the value. Though, in the example given I don't think there was any issue of this.

   -Mike