Re: mitwi : test release (GSoC work)

ria das wrote:
Hi,

mitwi is my  summer of code project which stands for "man info through
web interface"
I uploaded the code of mitwi for the test release. You can see it here
http://publictest1.fedora.redhat.com/mitwi/index.cgi

The test contains only man pages from Fedora 7 and very few info
pages. I will add different languages slowly (though they are present
in the server). As I don't understand css much, I took the css from
http://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/ .

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions (and also a good design :-) )

Good work. Just pointing things I think can be changed:

We don't have a search interface

The URL's should be shorted than

http://publictest1.fedora.redhat.com/mitwi/index.cgi?man=./man/mann/ansi_cctrl.n.html&rel=F-7

Something like the following would be better

docs.fedoraproject.org/man/<page>

which then lists the release and version numbers on top with the latest man page listed below automatically would work well

Will these information be indexable by search engines or are you generating them on fly? Indexable static content that are periodically updated would be better.

You can talk to the websites team for using a better CSS. A standard template was posted last week in fedora-websites list.

Rahul