Re: Again, DocBook Visions

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:39:51 -0400, "Paul W. Frields" <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> said:

> This morning I updated http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/DocBook
> to point to our example tutorial, a sort of "show and tell" device for
> learning DocBook XML.  It has long segments of explanatory text that
> tell you how to get started using DocBook.
>
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/example-tutorial/en_US/example-tutorial2.xml?root=docs&view=markup

Paul,

I think Harlan Ellison would be proud.  You've done well in annotating the example
material.  Folks should also know that although our DocBook/XML toolchain is a
shell command, not a GUI, once you have a DocBook XML source file you can produce
the finished product with one command:

$ make

Of course, finer control is available but nobody should be reluctant to try
the DocBook and CVS tools because they are not fluent with shell commands,
Makefiles, and the lot.

Cheers