Re: How do I edit the Fedora Wiki CustomKernel page?

Karsten Wade wrote:
/me approved this non-member post

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 11:42 -0400, Chuck Ebbert wrote:
On 06/18/2007 10:42 AM, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
Thanks for the explanation Karsten. Makes good sense. I wonder if this
page should be a community page and not a formal page? I took the
initiative to create it, but I'm not the subject matter expert. We
definitely need those subject matter experts (like Chuck) to be able to
edit. If making it a community page is the best way to do that then
perhaps we should.

Or if we could add specific people to the ACL for this page it that
would also be good.

Chuck - do you think this page should be editable by anyone or should we
control access somewhat?

I think access should be controlled.

Note that access is controlled in that one needs a Fedora account to
edit the Wiki pages.

I'm inclined to think that we want to have this be editable by account
holders.  Only ones with an interest and knowledge in the subject are
likely to edit it, and Sam and others watch those pages, and he can run
any questions by Chuck and others.

Maybe we can just tell you what
needs changing...

It's good to work with the writer who is working on the content,
especially if he is amendable to being the 'mouth piece.'
However, if it is easy enough for a subject matter expert to fix it,
that's probably the best way; then Sam or others can clean up the
language, etc.  Aside from the value of community documentation, as we
do with community code, there is the fact that Fedora writers are
volunteers who can use all the help we can get. :)

I think part of the problem here is that I don't necessarily see a BZ like this one that gets filed. I made those changes.

If someone needs to make changes and they aren't an account holder... do they email me directly? Do they email this list? Open a BZ?

Sam
- Karsten