Re: GSoC - Target Practice

This will be ideal for a one way street kind of migration from the wiki
to plone. The more I see the interaction between systems, the more I see
we need to review and keep aware of security. I know nothing about
moin's ACL system or how we would allow a user to interactively (on
moin) specify where the document is to be published in plone. Most
likely, once things are all said and done on the wiki and the wiki has
figured out where the document is going, what it is to be named, etc I
will just add a global action to deal with the rest. Example:

'Publish to Draft' is selected by someone with access on the wiki: (it
is inferred they also have access to move the document to plone)

Moin quizzes the user on where the document is to go.

User selects "/toolchain/cvsdocs/howtocheckoutmodule".

At this point we seem to have everything for the move.

Moin would:

- Push the current content into CVS
- Replace the content with #REFRESH 0
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/toolchain/cvsdocs/howtocheckoutmodule
- Redirect the user to
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/toolchain/cvsdocs/howtocheckoutmodule/global_action_name

So, maybe:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/toolchain/cvsdocs/howtocheckoutmodule/init_cvs_document

Basically, the init_cvs_document will be an accessor for our defined
method. This will most likely (a) force a user to auth before we can
really do anything (b) invoke portal_factory and pull the needed
information from CVS (c) start the document in a non-public draft and
start the edit chain.

I will need to look more into Plone 3 before I can comment on the
ability of plone to poll CVS. Does anyone know what locking support CVS
has? Basically we could store the "last known copy" in the ZODB and then
do all of the revision control in CVS. This aspect of things is going to
take some time. We don't want to lose edits or end up having a document
locked and need a manual unlock when someone closes their browser when
they had a document open for edit.

Jonathan Steffan