Re: mailing list admins

On 6/11/07, Karsten Wade <kwade@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I find myself in solo control of our two FDP mailing lists (this one and
f-docs-commits).  My practice is to always make sure that I have another
mail list admin listed.

I'm wondering, could we just make the rule, "All FDSCo members are named
admins and have the shared password for all FDP lists"?

The downside is the continuous "post by non-member" notices one
receives, and if they get annoying, a simple filter makes them go away.
I also try to go in once every few weeks and clear out the pending admin
tasks, which are always about a mass delete of held-for-approval spam.

Thoughts?

- Karsten

Hi Karsten,

I don't mind being admin for another mailing list. :)
I already monitor several other fedora mailing lists as shown below:
famsco-list administration
fedora-ambassadors-list administration
fedora-marketing-list administration
fedora-freemedia-list administration
fedora-websites-list administration
fedora-livecd-list administration
fedora-test-list administration
fedora-news-list administration

I set "Discard" for all non-member postings by default and forward to
admins/moderators for review later. This saves *a lot* of time for
admin tasks and catches 90% of spams.

1) Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit
action is defined.
(Details for generic_nonmember_action)

Accept( ) Hold( ) Reject(  ) Discard(X)

2) Should messages from non-members, which are automatically
discarded, be forwarded to the list moderator?
(Edit forward_auto_discards)

No( ) 	Yes(X)

Regards,
--