Re: Revisor's what-is and spin how-to content (was 'what is v. how to')

On 07/06/07, Karsten Wade <kwade@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 09:33 +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I don't know but I'm guessing this was prompted by the Revisor doc?

More accurately, it was prompted by your asking for input in one of the
comment logs.  I realized that, as I said, you were facing a common
dilemma, and an open, common discussion would work best.

Lol yeah! Thanks for the reply too :D Like I'd said, something I'd not
taken into mind before and will do in the future...

> Perhaps a set of docs that are more how-to in nature can be created
> from the doc I've started now? I'd be happy to do them at some point.

Sure.  I think we need to specify the two different documents as
separate Docs/Draft/ namespaces.  There are already existing content
bits we may be able to pull together for recipe-type content.  The
consequent creation of a what-is/descriptive document complements
nicely.

OK cool. I can move the content around to do that.

> Lol - saying that, had you not pointed it out it's something I'd
> probably never have considered (so it was certainly not an intentional
> choice for this doc!!) and I think it's something I've done elsewhere,
> so it's good to know and I hope I improve it in my writing :D

From the perspective that you have the specific goal of mainly providing
a what-is viewpoint of Revisor, I found the tone and content
informative.

I'm not sure it was intentional! But I guess it worked out OKish in the end.

I'll have to go through it again with just that in mind,
and maybe the only direct question I could have had for you was, "Is
this what-is, how-to, or strictly recipes?"

I guess I've already answered that last question for the time being?
I've gone through and finished marking technical terms too since your
last post, and I think the content in regard to "what is" is almost
finished.

Anyway, thanks a million for taking the time to look through and give feedback!

Jon