Re: Fragmentation in Linux Documentation?

Karsten Wade wrote:

OTOH, Spot (and others) have reminded me that the differences between
distros outweigh the similarities.

That is not a problem for some of the documentation like basic server side sys administration guides.

Maybe ... maybe we need to coordinate with other distros to put a common
front-end on TLDP to allow us all to update it, and use it as a common
docbase?  We can use any content that is GPL, afaik, although it's not
our preferred license for documentation.  The majority of TLDP is still
GPL, right?

GPL? You mean GNU FDL. TLDP licensing is a bit of mess but I would guess that the important docs are under GNU FDL which I believe is incompatible with Open Publication License.

Rahul