Re: PDF format guides

On 3/1/07, Karsten Wade <kwade@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here is the one I built this morning using htmldoc, as per Dimitris
suggestion:

http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora/fedora-install-guide-en_US.pdf

I'd like to compare the quality of the two.  I put up the no-chunks HTML
that I used, in case you don't have a build environment handy. :)

http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora/fedora-install-guide-en_US.html

I uploaded a quick PDF I created with no attempt to beautify it. I took
your no-chunks HTML and just printed it using cups-PDF. I didn't see
any graphics in your web page, except for admonitions icons,  so you
won't see any in the doc.

The links for the PDF files are:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnBabich?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=FC6UG.pdf

Another example is the Desktop User Guide, complete with screenshots, at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnBabich?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=DUG.pdf

This was produced from this link:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/DesktopUserGuide/Print

using File > Print (using printer CUPS/cups-PDF).

The output is even cleaner if you select

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/DesktopUserGuide/Print?action=print

which is the same as "Print View" under "More Actions" on the wiki page.

Let me know what you think of these samples.

John Babich
Volunteer, Fedora Docs Project