Re: HOWTO for Live CD in the Fedora Project wiki

On 1/16/07, Karsten Wade <kwade@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK, it makes sense as project-specific documentation, especially if you
find a way to tie it directly to the README.  That is, get the LiveCD
project to accept the Wiki as the upstream they derive the README from.

Regardless, you can link this document from either the Docs/Drafts/ or
Docs/ page, depending on readiness.  How about this ... get one other
person to read your work as an editor (wordsmith), then link it from
Docs/.

Since Thomas Chung gave me the go-ahead, I took that as agreement that
my initial
plan to move it directly under the LiveCD wiki entry was the way to go.

Therefore, I moved it to that location. I viewed it as a "donation" to
the Live CD project, just like I did some summaries for the "Extras"
project. Of course, it is a living document, so I promised to "adopt"
it by keeping it in sync with any future READMEs.

It was essentially a wikification of a README , so I viewed it
differently from the Software Management Guide, for example.

I guess it comes down to the best way to maintain the doc. I just saw
it as a very valuable piece of information that should be published
quickly, which will be subject to a lot of rapid revisions - perfect
for a Wiki entry. Once the Live CD Tools are stable, then, I agree,
there should be a more formal procedure in place.

If you think we can do both at once - rapid updates and storing it as
DocBook - I'm OK with that, but I will need a bit of assistance until
I get the process down.

John Babich