Re: Introduction

Karsten Wade wrote:

I think it's worth noting the ideal and actual usage, yes.  We probably
don't need to specify all of what is in a directly, that's what 'ls' is
for.  But we can give people some clever steps to learn more, e.g.:

"To find out what a binary 'foo' is, there are several methods of
research:

man foo

or

info foo

show manual and info pages for 'foo'.
Since software in Fedora all comes in a package, looking to see where
'foo' came from can be useful:

which foo
/usr/bin/foo
rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/bin/foo
foo-2.7-1.3.fc6

Packages also have some useful information, especially where the binary
is a non-obvious component in a larger package:

rpm -qi foo

To find out what other packages need that package:

rpm -q --whatrequires foo

I already documented some of this in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate.

Are we including NTFS now?

Yes, we are. The userspace ntfs-3g is now in Fedora Extras.

Rahul