Re: Problem with a localized html version of FC6 release notes

Karsten Wade wrote:
On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 01:28 +0300, Nikos Charonitakis wrote:
In a rawhide system with Greek locale there is a report that when a
user clicks on release notes link (welcome page) an English version of
release notes appears.
Although there is a html file containing Greek release notes, FireFox
opens the wrong file...
Is this a problem with other locales or Greek specific?
Can we do something?

Paul may correct me here, but this is what I think is happening.

We were *not* able to make an 'adaptive index', meaning, one that would
detect the browser's language and load the localized welcome/homepage.

Instead we have included a paragraph in English with links to all
localized versions of the release notes.

Karsten,

I think it would be a good idea to include a similar paragraph in english with links to all localized versions *of the splash page* too.

We have these pages localized, so why not give the user the choice (preferably, at the top of the page) to view them?

-d

Unfortunately, I forgot to uncomment this section before sending the
release notes off as a release candidate earlier this week.  This has
been fixed in CVS and should appear in subsequent builds of the package.
It certainly is going to appear in the ISO.

This whole situation is not optimal, but it is what we could do given
the time available. :)

- Karsten

--
Dimitris Glezos