Re: Release notes translation -- what's up?

Paul W. Frields wrote:

It seems that beat writers were not keen on writing before fc6 final
release, then I should suggest that translators may need much more of a
week to translate the final relnotes issue. Moreover, more time could
avoid the panic/confusion that we saw this week.

I couldn't agree more, Thomas.  The blame falls on a lot of different
factors:

0. Our development processes need to be planned a bit ahead so that we dont see many last changes in the packages, artwork etc.

1.  The wiki makes it easier for people to put up release notes, but it
also makes them easier to change.  A lot of these changes are minor or
cosmetic, but they still result in untranslated strings.  I watched the
wiki all summer, and edited it constantly to make sure that the language
was clear and easier to translate.  But the result is that translators
are not necessarily saving themselves work by translating early and
often.  And yes, too many beat writers are waiting until the last
minute.

Rahul