Re: [Spam] Re: Release announcement translation

Hi

Instead of hundres or thousands of people having to google, or go somewhere, it makes more sense to have an identifier in the sender field. For example these identifiers appear in the subject fields of most forums.

You may have been posting for years, but don't assume that everyone getting your messages has been associated with the group for very long.

I cant send introductions to myself in every mail. If you believe I am spamming, I cant really claim that I dont on my own since its a question of trust at that point. If you havent been associated with the group, do get familiar with those already involved. I cant see any reason to suspect my mail as spam.

Here are a few examples of identifiers in the subject field from groupes I belong to:

[GWLUG] OT: Death Star speaker - You have to see it to believe it!
[ctl-linux] Bash test
[LPJC-jobs] Johnson Space Center Job Fair August 1-3 - Clear Lake, TX

All I have to do is look for the identifier, and know that the message is very probably not bogus.

I get messages from lots of folks in these groupes. I am not familiar with all of them. Some of them are new.

I know it's not fool proof, but it works for me.

It doesnt make any difference really since the spam mails can easily have a similar subject field. The subject header is already there. You just have to filter your mails from the mailing list based on the To/CC list. Very few mailing lists in Fedora alter the subject field. In general, we avoid doing that.

Rahul

--

fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx