Re: Suggestions for system home page

Dimitris Glezos wrote:

I agree.

Nevertheless, I believe we should probably not dismiss the idea of
having a box *somewhere* to be able to notify users of something
important. Having it at the home page of the browser is much less
annoying than a pop-up in the notification area for example. Also,
giving the user the choice of information level (important news,
security notices, nothing at all) would ensure minimum annoyance levels.
Of course, again, these require scripting, so they remain just future
ideas for now.

I am not dismissing the idea but it goes beyond a simple text page to pull in updates like that. Copying Luke Macken (the guy behind our updates system) to see if there is anything we can do about this now. ON the other hand, if you can work on this or a "Welcome Application" I think that would be quite useful.

Rahul

--

fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx