Re: Entities idea

Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster@xxxxxxxxx>, spake thus:

> People are inevitably going to want local entities in their document.

Hmm.. translatable local entities.  I guess it's a natural
progression.  I'll look into adding XML->ENT productions into
"Makefile.common" next month, er, tomorrow, 2006-03-01.

> In order to ease translation, would it make sense for our entity
> generation engine, either instead of or in addition to linking to the
> common entities file, recognize a local entity file and merge it with
> the common one, thus presenting a single mass of entity material which
> could be included in the document DTD as a solitary call in place of the
> current "locale-entities.xml" declaration -- one of such raw power, such
> sheer enormity, such elegant austerity, and such overwhelming
> magnificence that it would inevitably inspire awe, nay, OBEISANCE in all
> those who gaze upon it, and even put a stop to this gigantic runaway
> sentence???

stickster.calm++ && megacoder.action(sleep_now)

--
I'm already an anomaly, I shall soon be an anachronism, and I have
every intention of dying an abuse!

fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx