Re: Translation guide

Karsten Wade ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 11:05 +1000, Manuel Ospina wrote:
Dear Chester and Aman,
I have added  a "Translation Quick Start Guide" to the repository (I
should have reported to the fedora-docs-list before adding it... sorry
about it). Anyway, though the guide is still a draft, it contains the
essential information about how to translate software and documentation
for the Fedora project. I believe it would be useful if we can include
it in the L10N wiki page < http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/ > .

We offer a chance for peer review, which is the best reason for telling
folks about your document

Aman, Chester, as you are the maintainers of the Fedora Localization
Project I would need your assistance to export the XML file to the wiki
(I believe making the html file is not enough).

I do not recommend moving content from XML to the Wiki.  The Wiki serves
best for short documentation that is undergoing rapid change, and for
collaboration on draft or in-process documentation.

We are working on exposing the XML through the Wiki, so that the Wiki is
an editor, but this is not ready yet.  Our goal for _all_ documentation
is to be in XML living in CVS.  The Wiki is a step in the direction of
that goal.  Once you have a document in XML, it is a step backward to
move it to the Wiki.

I recommend that you:

1. Build the document, assuming you used Fedora Docs tools 'make html'
should do fine.

2. Post the document to http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/quickstart-
translation-guide.

The latter step is where snowlet or aalam can help best.  The folks on
#fedora-websites can help with the permissions and process for posting
the document.

- Karsten
hi Manuel,

Quick start guide for Translation is on web  now.

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/translation-quick-start-guide/

http://fedoraproject.org/L10N/  will be  update soon

thanks Karsten for kind help.

regards