Re: Burning iso files

David Fletcher wrote:

There was a discussion on the Fedora list today, about how to help new users make sure they create the installation CDs correctly.

My suggestion, which seems to be viewed as being a good idea, is to place a text file called READ_THIS_FIRST in the same folder as the iso files. It would contain some very basic information about how the CD burning process operates, and how to use the iso files.

The objectives would be to make the first installation of Fedora Core less frustrating for beginners, and reduce the wastage of blank CD-Rs.

I am happy to spend some of my time doing a little typing to achieve these objectives.

Go ahead and send us the writeup. We might include it within the mirrors or atleast in the download section.

--
Rahul

fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx