Re: Local document customizations

Uttered James Laska <jlaska@xxxxxxxxxx>, spake thus:

> > My question is this: do we want document authors to have that much
> > control over the rendering, or is this a more project-level choice?
> Excellent question, and I'm not sure of the answer.

My hesitation here is that whatever rendering an author does locally
is completely irrelavant to the final rendering done by the project
before publication.  In fact, we reserve the right to use whatever
stylesheet we like, even one the authors have never seen, do whatever
render styling is appropriate for the media and circumstances.

So, I can add infrastructure to let an author provide additional
stylesheet snippets, or paramter settings, but all must realize their
efforts will be ignored in the final product.  That's why I thought
this question needing escalating to the entire project.

Cheers

fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx