Re: Request for Review - Fedora Security Basics

Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

I would think, however, that this sort of topic, and additional security
measures, could and should be covered in a more comprehensive security
guide.  As Rahul mentioned, there is a Hardening Tutorial in CVS.  Maybe
you should offer to participate with the author to bring this document
up to snuff.  As I recall, no editor has yet stepped up to work on it.
Stuart has started some security material on the wiki as well.  Instead
of having several efforts floating around in various forms, maybe the
three of you (Stuart, Felipe, and Charles Heselton, author of the
hardening tutorial) can put your heads *together* and work on something
more comprehensive!  Three heads are better than one, and all that...

I would like to add my few cents but sincerely, I don't know where to
start, or what to do. I have a few recommendations, in form of
firewall rules and sysctl tunable parameters.

The instructions on getting the relevant docs from cvs and more details on getting started is available from the project pages
http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/

The docs team is also working on a stage area to build such docs automatically on a regular basis in the near future. You can also use the wiki for drafts
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiEditing

If you need edit group access, register in the wiki and let me know your username offlist.

regards
Rahul

--

fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx