Re: tidy-bowl - BETA invitation!

Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster@xxxxxxxxx>, spake thus:

> Only the content matters.
>
> CAVEAT:  Once you make a change to a .xml document where your local copy
> is NOT normalized, when you use the "cvs diff" command, the diff will be
> very long because of the normalization differences.

If you would like to see the magic, just update your "docs-commons"
directory and see three new files in a "docs-common/bin" directory:

1) xmlformat            -- the reformatting script
2) xmlformat-dfp.conf   -- configuration file for the script
3) tidy-bowl            -- driver script

You can try it out by doing this, in your document working directory:

$ ../docs-common/bin/tidy-bowl my-file.xml

Caution: this rewrites your input file inplace, so it may be wise to
keep a copy ;-)

This can also help reduce a lengthly local diff to what the CVS
server would actually see.

HTH

fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx