Re: Google's Summer of Code (new documentation submission)

Bill Nottingham wrote:

Patrick Barnes (nman64@xxxxxxxxx) said:

I am interested in getting a page published to assist Google's Summer of
Code participants in getting started.  Fedora is one of the few mentors
on the Summer of Code page at Google that does not have a link for ideas
or to help participants get started.  I have written a first draft and
published it to http://fedora.n-man.com/projects/GoogleSummer.txt .  I
think that the Wiki would be the best place for this, but others might
think differently.  The draft document is plain text, but has been
written with hyperlinks in mind.

Since I don't know where this will go, and it will require a new page to
be created either way, I don't know how to proceed.  Should I try for
Docs CVS access or Wiki write access?  Who can decide where this page
should go, and can create the page?  Any comments, suggestions, or
directions would be appreciated.

This message has been posted to fedora-docs-list and fedora-extras-list.

See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraBounties

Bill

Seems like a good start, at least. Does anyone with Google know about
that page so that they may add it to
http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html ? I've already seen several
students ask questions on other mailing lists and in the IRC channels.
They need to know where to go. It doesn't look good that I didn't even
know about this page, as students certainly won't find it if someone who
is relatively familiar with the Fedora-related sites didn't find it.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64@xxxxxxxxx

www.n-man.com