fdp css negates docbook attributes

Has anyone here noticed that the css declarations removes the capabilities of various docbook elements?

For instance, I have some data that I have put into a table. I followed all semantics of the CALS table attributes that docbook utilizes. Yet, I am unable to successfully alter the table attributes and their appropriate values to achieve the desired outcome --- because of html attribute inclusion by css.

i.e.

<tgroup cols="3" align="left" colsep="0" rowsep="0"> <thead>

Now this should result in the following:

A framed table with three columns, all aligned to the left, and all rows and columns NOT seperated.

But instead I get a framed table with a header background color of #a9a9a9, a body background color of #dcdcdc, all aligned to the left, and all rows and columns ARE seperated.

To do this, i should have declared so using the bgcolor and border attributes. This breaks the element.

Thomas

--

fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx