Re: why o why

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hi

So, the question becomes do we want to foster an environment of cooperative
documentation writing, or of individual documentation writing?

we would want a single person or a strong team to take responsibility over a document and refine it to the extend that end users would enjoy reading through.

this is poosible in wiki

The process is probably geared towards invidual contributors with cooperative feedback and revisions rather than everyone jumping in and editing portions of a single document that a wiki system would promote

Wiki system does not promote happzzard editing ......you can set it so that only people in particular group can edit or configure a workflow around it....It has support for revisions,unlimited rollbacks, content expiry, discussions, talkbacks etc...its a very dynamic process ...designed for sole aim for cooperative documentation writing

I can suggest another alternative for documentation can be a good CMS ....I have been using CMS called typo3 (www.typo3.org) for a while ...It has built in workflow, Richtext editor, XML support, Dynamic Conversion support

regards Rahul

--

fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx