Re: Brutally Honest Self Introduction: Philip Johnson

On 7 Apr 2005, at 00:30, Paul W. Frields wrote:

<snippety>
Send your public key to one of the well-known public keyservers if you
haven't done so, and sign your messages to the list for maximum effect.

If all is well, this message should now be signed :). Sorry, I didn't look (was too lazy to look? :D) at the Self Introduction wiki page before sending so I wasn't aware it was mandatory ;). Also, by looking at the page I noticed a few other things I should have probably filled in.

Heres what I aim to do as one of the documentation guys and gals:
1. First of all, docbookalize documents which haven't been already in order to get familiar with docbook itself.
2. Second of all, help out with editing - not full blown writing just yet - I think being an editor would help me see how things work before jumping right in, getting things wrong and annoying those sometimes-irritable ;) programmers :D.

Along the line of 'soft skills', I would say I have good people skills and a great deal of patience.

Also, some of you will know me already as I'm *trying*/*should be trying harder* to set up a HCL.

If you want to know a little more about our process, take a look at:

http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/
http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-quick-start/

If there's a topic you're keen on, especially one which you haven't seen
anyone mention on the list or on Bugzilla, feel free to float the idea
by the list and/or add a bug against the fedora-docs component. If you
take a look at the bugs already in Bugzilla, you'll have a pretty good
idea of what's in progress right now.

Good ol' Karsten has already pointed me in the direction of the documentation pages, but regarding bugzilla, cheers, I will do.

There are -- correct me if I'm wrong, anyone -- three main repositories
for what's going on in the Docs Project. The pages at fedora.redhat.com
are mostly for people who don't know anything about the project yet.
The wiki at fedoraproject.org is oriented toward people *in* the project
(meaning not just established writers and editors, but also current or
prospective list members). The wiki is a little more "fresh" and will
probably carry a few works-in-progress such as the Release Notes.
Finally, Bugzilla is where all ongoing tutorials are tracked.

Feel free to ask questions here, and welcome!

Thanks :)