kernel-compilation-tutorial

I just got frustrated with the flame war on kernel building.

I'd like to at least try to put together something along the lines of
documentation.

So far I've gone to the fabulous steps of:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/local/CVS
cvs -z3 login
cvs -z3 co fedora-docs
cd fedora-docs/
cp -r example-tutorial/ kernel-compilation-tutorial
cd kernel-compilation-tutorial/
mv example-tutorial-en.xml kernel-compilation-tutorial-en.xml
gvim ~/.vimrc
gvim kernel-compilation-tutorial-en.xml
gvim Makefile
make

All this is useless except that the page is no longer blank.