Re: twiki format to docbook

> --- Karsten Wade <kwade redhat com> wrote:
> > You just need to conform to the DocBook standards.  If you parse your
> > document against the DTD, then indenting should be consistent.  I'm sure
> > there are keybindings and other DocBook tools for Vi.  Perhaps someone
> > who prefers to use Vi could make a tutorial on using Vi for DocBook with
> > the Fedora docs project toolchain. :)

> I write DocBook with Vim, so I could probaby come up with something.

Sorry for the delay, this was finals week but now I'm done.
This is a pretty basic guide, but it's enough to get started and has
some pointers to more information. I just added a chapter after the
emacs ones. I can work on fleshing it out with any suggestions.

http://mail.yahoo.com

<!-- $Id$ -->

  <chapter id="ch-vim">
   <title>VIM and DocBook</title>

    <indexterm>
      <primary>VIM</primary>
    </indexterm>

    <para>
      VIM has many features to help you write XML content such as DocBook,
      including syntax highlighting and customizable key bindings.
      Additionally, one can easily use external programs from VIM for
      features such as spell-checking and
    </para>

    <sect1 id="s1-vimrc-file">

      <indexterm>
	<primary>VIM</primary>
	<secondary>configuration file</secondary>
      </indexterm>

      <para>
        To turn on some of these VIM features, put the following in your
        <filename>.vimrc</filename> file:
<screen>
<computeroutput>
set nocompatible
syntax on
set autoindent
source $VIMRUNTIME/macros/matchit.vim
source $HOME/.vim/docbook-helper.vim
</computeroutput>
</screen>
       </para>
    </sect1>

    <sect1 id="s1-vim-additional-resources">
      <title>Additional Resources</title>

      <para> Additional information about VIM may be found from:
      </para>

      <itemizedlist>
	<listitem>
	  <para><ulink url=
	  "http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/text_editing/vim.html#JESSE-SGMLRC";>
	  Example sgml-vimrc</ulink> from the <citetitle>Beginner's guide to
	  Vi Improved (VIM)</citetitle>
	  </para>
	</listitem>
	<listitem>