Re: FAQs and consolidating it

At 20:23 28/01/2004, Karsten Wade wrote:

In that scenario, anyone here can choose to maintain one or more FAQs
personally, and make sure they get linked to from a master FAQ.  At the
same time, the docs project isn't saddled with maintaining any number of
disparate FAQs.

I recommend we volunteers:

1. Make up a template for a FAQ. I think Dave volunteered to do that?

I'm edgy about your format though. for a single faq of faqs ??? it should be OK to use a single page?

2. Start to compile and write a master FAQ using the template, with
pointers to every FAQ we know of personally which should be in there.
It can include links to the other FAQs on fedora.redhat.com.

Might be nice if we used entities to define the actual uri's?
then some redhat/fedora person could maintain that list?
That would keep a single level of indirection in a single place?

Thoughts?

3. Contact the various FAQ authors out there about providing a summary
and URL to the master FAQ; at the same time, offer them the FAQ template
to use if they wish.  Include links to the Fedora Doc Guide and the
anonymous CVS access details.

I think the summary is key. Give me the reason to go visit?

4. Get the master FAQ available on fedora.redhat.com.  I'll volunteer to
do that.

5. Publicize the beast on various fedora-foo lists.

At least, these are the ideas that come to my mind. ;-D

Sounds good to me.

regards DaveP