Re: Documentation project status

Jan Fabry wrote:
I think Fedora needs good installation and configuration manuals. Without these, it will never be possible to get a good user base (unless a majority of current Red Hat Linux users switch to Fedora).

I think part of the publicly expressed idea behind Fedora is that it is for hobbyists, namely people who love to tinker with Linux and enjoy the challenge that Linux can offer.

Also, Fedora is geered towards being an R&D platform for the RH engineers, which translates into lots of software that may or may not work. We'll see more of the R&D aspect come to light as Fedora progresses.

That said, the very R&D nature of Fedora might not make it the best disto for newer users.

- Akbar